Let me bring you up to speed. Ha! That's funny...since this is a blog about running and stuff....nevermind.
Anyway, many things have happened and, in no particular order, they are:
- Quit job officially
- Moved out of old apartment into friend's schwanky digs
- Spent three total weekends moving in and out of place
- Put running on a quasi hold due to the amount of celebrating/"appreciating" Chicago/late nights/early mornings
- Decided to wait on doing a half marathon until the Spring
- Discovered that my new apartment is currently home to a few other occupants. Roaches.
- Too tired to run after staying up crying about roaches all night
- Adjusting to working in two different departments: French for my major, ESL for my TA position
- F*%k it, I'm running anyway...You will not conquer me, Roaches!!!
I need to expand my running routes a bit more. As of today, I've only been running down my street and back, or down my street and back up another street. But I've found a running buddy! She's a little bit faster than me, but I think that will work out in my favour. Huzzah!
My posting will be sporadic at best now, because I have to manage another blog for the class I'm teaching! What the deuce?!?!
3 comments:
wow lots going on with you!! YUCK on the bugs! good luck with school and everything and have fun with the new running buddy!! i think its the best thing to have someone just a little faster than you :) its a good way to push yourself.
Yay for appreciating Chicago :-)
Boo for roaches :-(
Keep on keeping on. Sounds like there is a lot going on, but good stuff!
You HAVE been busy! So sorry to hear about the roaches - I've been dealing with a weevil problem at my apartment so I know how you feel. Hope it's getting better!
Post a Comment