Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Update with Pictures!!!

Yeah! So Comcast, for once, came through and I have my cable and internet back, albeit for only another week and a half.

So here are my adventures in camping pictures. Camping really made me want to take up trail running, which might be possible since I'm pretty close to Wisconsin. Anyway, on to the relevant pictures...


Me and Jen at the start of our 3.5 hour hike up the bluffs and around Devil's Lake


We were up pretty high in the air...the view was amazing!


We are some camping chicks. Fo sho.

So that was the 4th of July weekend. It was wonderful and it really got me hooked on camping...now I want to start collecting camping supplies and do it again. Maybe incorporate a little trail running as well. My legs were so sore from the hiking when I got home.

Last weekend was my former roommate's wedding. An Indian wedding to be exact. I was fascinated by the whole process. It was a very physical event in the best sense of the word. I mean to say that everyone was acted-out in a way. My religion has a lot of powerful words, which I value greatly, but this religion (Hindu) has a lot of "action". It makes the marriage ritual a very real, physical thing. Sounds great for a runner :) I was also able to get all of my runs in whilst in Cleveland for the wedding. The only one that suffered was my long run on Saturday. I had been out for Part II of the wedding: The Raas Garba, and had basically danced from 8 PM until after Midnight. By the time I got home and was asleep, it was nearly 2 AM. Needless to say, I did not get up at 6 AM to get my 14 miler in before the ceremony. I did manage to get a good solid 8 miles in, complete with hills.

Here's some bad ass wedding action...


My henna tattoo. It's still on my hand! I must admit, I love it and wish it would hang on a bit longer. However, it's starting to go the way of the buffalo.



Me and a friend with our Raas sticks as part of the Garba...dancing with blunt instruments. Don't worry...my knuckles are intact.

So that's what's up. I'm afraid my posting might continue to be sporadic over the next week, as I am moving next week. Alas.

4 comments:

I Run for Fun said...

Great pics! Camping's so much fun, when it includes a hike. I'm hooked too!

You look pretty in your lehnga.

RBR said...

FANTABULOUS pictures! Looks like you guys had a greateim camping and I love the wedding pictures! You look beautiful!

Lindy said...

you're back! Love the henna art, awhile ago I'd been thinking how cool it would be to have some for the marathon.

Aron said...

love the pics!!! looks like it was a blast :)