Monday, July 27, 2009

Lead-Up to RnR

This weekend's "long run" was a mere seven miles; a cutback of sorts before the Rock n Roll Half Marathon on August 2nd, where yours truly will be a participant. I do not have big plans for this race. I'll pretty much settle with a finishing time equivalent to last year's race. This is all because of my big move this week. I won't be getting many runs in (which, I realize, is the point of a cutback) and I'll be moving large furniture items.

Oh joy.

Speaking of awesome running, Kara Goucher is going to be running with us on Sunday. That's pretty badass, no? Apparently if you go to the website (linked above), you can watch Kara run from start to finish.



Sadly, they will be serving Cytomax on the course. Needless to say, I'm glad I finally purchased a hydration system for race day. I will definitely be bringing my own Gatorade. Also, did anyone else notice the packaging change for Clif Shot Blocks? I'll post a picture when I get home...

...that is, if I remember to amidst the madness of my move.

5 comments:

Lindy said...

I saw that about Kara, too. You stole my next post. :)

Have you tried Cytomax? I'm rolling with the 'ade, but tatking a few Nuun tablets with me as well. I was thinking about maybe trying Cytomax at the last aid station. I dunno. I tend to have an iron stomach.

RBR said...

Woo hoo! It is race time! Get ready to rock it girl!

Cytomax just tastes like dilute Gatorade to me, but then again I have an iron stomach like Lindy.

And dude, you are behind the times they changed that package a while ago. It is easier to get the blocks out , but the damn thing is too long to fit easily in any pocket. Lame.

C said...

Good luck with the move. I don't envy you at all.

Take care!

runner26 said...

good luck on the R&R half! Sounds like a great race!!

Aron said...

good luck girl!!