Thursday, November 19, 2009

Foam Rollers: Hurts So Good

First, I'm changing up the layout of my blog, so much as I can with the templates and whatnot made available to me à la Blogger. I'm a technological idiot, so unless I can fit it within those confines, it ain't happen'. It'd be great to make the picture in my title fill the entire space, or put another picture with it too. Probably won't happen, so just get used to that big, pink space. I'm also updating lots of things.

Anyway, I've been dating my foam roller and green, circular stretchy band for three days now. It has become a pain-pleasure thing. My physical therapist assured me that there's no way I can hurt myself using the foam roller. Unless I try to eat it.

And I'm usually hungry, so that's not as far-fetched as you think it would be.

I haven't tried to run, and probably won't until Saturday, so I can't tell you if it's working or not. I want to feel like it is, though. Either way, I plan on running the Turkey Trot next week, so I don't want to screw myself for it. I suppose a PR is out of the question at this point since I've only run a grand total of four times since October 25th.

I've been walking a lot in an effort to delay the onset of post-marathon weight gain. I feel like a little weight gain is inevitable...I'm not running twice a day or working out twice a day anymore, so unless my diet drastically changes (which it has temporarily...I haven't had the time or money to go grocery shopping), I will put on some weight. The question is how much. I walk from Union Station to my office in the mornings now. It's a good 30-ish minutes.



And of course, I've been using the stationary bike when I get home. It's just that the bike is boring. Seriously, 20 minutes on the bike feels like forever. The bike is better than the 'mill, but not by much.

2 comments:

Frayed Laces said...

All the cool bloggers are updating their looks these days :)

I hear ya with the rollers. I think my neighbors think I am doing the dirty deed when I use my trigger point roller because I scream so much

C said...

Keep dating that roller, you masochist. It's good for you. :)