Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mea Culpa

Hi. Yes, I'm still here. It has just been one of those (two) weeks.

In bullet form:

- Massive, stress-inducing car problems
- Family in town. Inducing more stress
- Wedding in Florida
- Where'd my money go?
- Insanity at work
- Knee problems

The last point is something I'll have to go into in more depth later, but for now, let me just say that on Tuesday, November 3rd, it hurt so badly that I was forced to limp. I tried to run again on the sandy beaches of Amelia Island the following weekend, and had to stop less than 2 minutes into the run. Bad news bears, right? I was finally able to go to Athletico for an injury screening yesterday, in the hopes of avoiding the doctor's office and the MRI. To make a long story short, Athletico thinks I have something along the lines of IT band syndrome, so I've been given exercises. And a foam roller. So I'm taking the week off from running and hopefully will be good to go for the Naperville Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving.

So keep your fingers crossed.

And I'm trying to catch up on your blogs! Every time I log into blogger and see your updates, I get super excited to find out what you've all been up to! But never get to read them. Boo. Perhaps this weekend?

4 comments:

I Run for Fun said...

So sorry to hear about your knee issues! I hope the foam roller and exercises help. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. May we both be able to get across the finish line at our respective Turkey Trots!

Felice Devine said...

Use that foam roller! It can work miracles. Well, sorta.

Hope the knee feels better and things get a little less nutty.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better - I was on the shelf for nearly two weeks myself.

If you dont have one already, this is at least the perfect reason to buy a foam roller/The Stick

runner26 said...

oh no!! use the roller, stretch, and rest it. Ice is good too.

I did the naperville turkey trot, i think. or maybe it was in downer's grove. but i did it the last two years and had a great time! this year i'm not in chicago for t-day (and not running a turkey trot due to the marathon on sunday.) Good luck!!