Well, still in PT. My therapists seems to think that whatever is wrong with me has more do do with my lateral hamstring (I think that's what she said...) and my calf than it does with my IT band or my hip. Swell. I'm not too hopeful, because if you've been keeping track, this has been going on for nearly three months now.
Three. Months.
It was not supposed to be like this. I haven't run in over two weeks and nearly cry every time I do see someone running. Which is, like, all the time it seems. But I'm hanging in there. Lately, they have started doing some ultrasound therapy on my hamstring an calf. When they dragged the machine out, complete with gooey gel, I asked if they thought I was pregnant. I haven't noticed much of a change with that, but I've only had it done twice, so who really knows yet. A sports massage therapist has also been working on my hamstring. She noticed two very large knots there that barely moved when she worked on them. Although I was nearly moved to tears.
My therapist wants to get me doing more running-related exercises so I can eventually do the video gait analysis. This is something that I'm looking forward to, but am worried about nonetheless. As I said before, I haven't run in over two weeks and when I did prior to that, I would only make it about 15 minutes before the pain would set in.
I think I'll try and do the foodie post this weekend, as I'm experimenting with it this week. I might even try to take some pictures.
2 comments:
Hang in there! Hope you feel better and can start running soon.
You'll be back before you know it- stronger and smarter for the experience.
Hey, that Video Gait Analysis looks really good.
Post a Comment