Friday, April 9, 2010

One of those moments

As I furtively type this blog entry, I wanted to say that everyone should wish Ms. Copiaverborum well. What a trooper.

Back to me. So, I promised an announcement, that as it turns out, I'm not quite ready to announce yet. But I always keep my promises, so here's part of the announcement. I'm going back to school! Yay for me! French literature and translation is the name of the game. What school, you may ask, is to be the lucky residence of moi for the next four-ish years?

Haven't quite decided yet, and need to make a decision by the 15th of April. The only two schools left in the running are the PhD programs at Madison and UIUC. So if anyone has any help pros and cons to add to my chart, please let me know. This is partly the reason for my lack of blogging, as I've been spending a lot of time researching and visiting both places.

UIUC must have read my blog because they hooked me up with a grad student who is a triathlete and will be running Boston in two weeks. If UIUC thinks they can sway my vote with cute boys that speak French and qualify for Boston, they are on the right track.

So, decisions need to be made. Money is obviously an issue since neither program has money for me this year. It would be cheaper to go to UIUC, but upon advice from my parents and people in both programs, I'm trying not to make money the deal breaker.

I'm sure you've heard enough, and you are probably thinking "I came here to read about recovering from physical therapy and angry outbursts on the Chicago lakefront path!" Well friends, we are getting there! So far, I've managed to run for a whopping 32 minutes! Hey, it is progress and I'll take it.

I've also taken the leap and joined my fellow Lakefront Angels for the Madison to Chicago Relay in June. Here's hoping I can run that much by then...

4 comments:

Felice Devine said...

OK, yeah. Money shouldn't be the deal breaker but the cute BQ dude certainly could!

Very cool that you are going back to school.

Anonymous said...

"Money is obviously an issue since neither program has money for me this year. It would be cheaper to go to UIUC, but upon advice from my parents and people in both programs, I'm trying not to make money the deal breaker."

So what you're saying is, "this blog is going to turn into a FUND RAISING blog, b!&%@es."

;) Thanks for the well-wishes.

runner26 said...

good for you! i'm sure you'll know which school is best for you. and i'm sure it will all be very exciting!

C said...

Madison, as in Wisconsin? If so, GO FOR THE CHEESE!! :)

Sorry I'm no help. Hopefully it's all sorted now and you are happy about your choice. Also, kudos on the running!