Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Holy Crap...

...I am still alive. The week of the 15th included my work hitting somewhat of a fever pitch in preparation for the week of the 22nd, when I was in Portland, enjoying things like working for 12 to 16 hours at a time and doughnuts...

Yes that is bacon. Yes it is on a doughnut. And yes, it was that good.

...and flights of beer...


All without sales tax.

And I did run, although I was not able to as much as I wanted. This time, happily, due to time constraints and not knee/IT band/hamstring pain. Happy thought, indeed.

Anyway, I'm so sorry for the internet silence, but things have been busy. They promise to slow down next week, if I'm able to focus this week. So I just thought I'd post so you all didn't forget about me. I heart you, my 13 followers!

And I should have big news to announce next week. Not race related, or boy related, but life related.

And, sadly, I didn't get to register for Chicago in time. Bummer. I might do Twin Cities instead, or I might bag the whole marathon idea completely this year and just do half-marathons. Thoughts?

6 comments:

Aron said...

yay glad you are saying hello and got some runs in!

if you don't feel like doing a marathon this fall, then dont... maybe not getting into chicago was a sign? although i do hear twin cities is a fun one! maybe just wait it out a bit and see if you feel like committing or not. your heart knows the answer :) sorry that was so cheeseball lol

I Run for Fun said...

That bacon doughnut looks too good to pass!

Glad your ITB issues are giving you a break. I always get excited about the idea of a marathon, but it is also fun to just enjoy running and do shorter races. Marathon training takes a lot out of you...and everything revolves around it! Whatever you decide, have a blast!

Psyche said...

Thoughts? Uh, yeah...You need to get your priorities straight. Blog more/ work less!!!

Well, the bacon doughnut made up for it, so you have a pass.

I'm so happy you are running. On non-treadmill materials possibly. While traveling. Very cool.

I say play it by ear and go with what you ffeel like doing- taking the long-term approach never hurts.

Psyche said...

...but we 13 love you!

Hint: want more comments and followers? Blog about barefoot running and iPods while giving away something:)

Anonymous said...

Yum. I love cupcakes with bacon, too.

Felice Devine said...

Bacon doughnuts...who knew?

I agree w/Aron on the marathon or not issue -- good advice, cheeseball or not!