Friday, April 30, 2010

Possibilities

I'm a bad blogger. This we all know, so let's move on. In my defense, however, as my runs are less frequent in these recovery days, I don't exactly have a lot of material to write about. That will change, I'm sure, but in the meantime, mea culpa.

Well, should I manage to maintain my sobriety this evening, I might be joining the Lakefront Angels on the path tomorrow morning for 6 miles of running. Very exciting! I'm up to 4 miles so far, so I figure I can hang with them for 2.5 miles before turning around and heading back. They'll probably catch up to me anyway!

I'm also needing a new pair of shoes now. My physical therapist does not like Nikes, nor does she like me in Nikes, and seems to think I need something that is more supportive, yet with less firm cushioning, if that makes any sense at all. The trouble is, I need some monies for the new shoes. As I'm still paying physical therapy bills, it's a bit hard to budget for everything else.

Luckily, physical therapy is nearly over with...for good. I've an appointment next week, and then maybe one more two weeks after that. My physical therapists thinks I'm good to go, but we want to work on a few more exercises before turning me loose back into the wilds. I'm excited and nervous.

2 comments:

Aron said...

yay you are almost there!!!

good luck finding the perfect shoe - that can be a challenge in itself!

Anonymous said...

I don't like Nike either. Not as much support and they break down faster than other shoes.

I'm a Mizuno girl. Wave Nirvana.

New Balance is good too.

Good luck!