And...I'm really embarrassed to admit this, but since I share all the running related stuff in my life with the internet, here goes...I did not run on Friday or Saturday last week. Why? Because I got my hair dyed red again and didn't want to sweat it off. And I had a hangover on Friday (due to an ill-conceived combination of Strongbow, Glenlivet, and two bottle of red wine). I wish I was joking with you. But I'm not. So I'm trying to redouble my effort now to get back on track this week. So far, not so good.
The good news is, I've been pretty much pain-free since early March. I'm still struggling to get my endurance up to snuff, but I know that will come with time and dedication. Oddly enough, my dad is trying to convince me to start training for a marathon in December or January. Which marathon? The Cleveland Marathon, of course! He'd apparently been reading all about it, how locals had won it, or placed pretty highly, and stuff like that. It's cute, really, that he's gotten so into it! I was thinking about it, and then maybe doing the half marathon in Champ-bana in May. Or the reverse, since both options are available. Although I've heard that the full marathon course for the latter is rather sparse in terms of spectators.
RnR Chicago is sold-out, so that's a no-go for me. I will probably come back into the city in September for the Chicago Half Marathon. I hope it pours again, like two years ago.

In case you've forgotten, here's me and my soggy friends at the finish.
Also, my posts are becoming weekly posts, which is disappointing to me, but I'm sure they'll pick up again once I'm running/racing more often. Thanks for sticking with me all the same :)
6 comments:
ekk its supposed to be hot here too :(
yay for pain free running!
Did I mention that it is a delightful 68 degrees here today? Sunny. Shorts. Perfect.
Um, yeah. So, about moving here after grad school...
I am very glad to hear you have been pain free. I know all too well how tough it is to get the endurance back, but you will get there. So will I ;)
Hang in there man and try to keep cool
Our high temps here are at 75-77. Yes, I do realize how lucky I am. Especially since we're also getting actual sunshine with those temps. Amazing.
At least your missed running time only amounted to two days. My unintentional hiatuses usually extend well beyond that into weeks and months. Go me. :)
I remember KSU always had these signs that said, "Thinking about your drinking?" Clearly, you are not. Bad combo! Good luck getting back up to longer distance. Congrats on the pain-free running. Cheers!
Must admit, the hair dye excuse is a new one to me:) The point is, however, that you are PAIN FREE. Run, don't run. Whatever. You actually have a CHOICE now!! You're in a whole different place. Don't worry, your mojo will return:)
Post a Comment