Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weather or Not

I've been anxious about the weather lately. I know I usually am concerned when it starts to get all hot n' humid, but this summer has been more difficult than I had anticipated.

And once again, it's because of my stupid injury. It was hard enough last year when I was in really good shape and the weather became disgusting. But this year, with my endurance all but gone, it has become downright unbearable! The humidity just knocks me out. Saturday was so bad that I just didn't even try. I set Joanie Garmin to do intervals of 5/2 for 40 minutes. That was the best I could manage. However, I couldn't help but think that if I hadn't injured myself, I'd have been able to power through the workout.

Whatever.

Slowly but surely. Slowly but surely. I will make it through this period of doubt and slowness. And I'll be a better runner for it.

As a final note, I'd like to thank all of you for the kind words at my last post. I was having a moment. I'm still kind of stuck in that moment, but I know it will pass. Hopefully with running, it'll pass a bit more quickly. But in any case, thank you all a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still have an injury?! I thought that with my brief hiatus, you'd certainly be back to the norm by now. Sigh. You'll be feeling better in no time.

I Run for Fun said...

Ugh! I hear you on the humidity. Every mile is a chore! Think of how fit you will be by the end of summer...and by that time, you won't have to deal with the awful heat anymore.

Hope you feel better.