If my runs were very interesting, or if I was fully committed to being back on my two-per-days workouts, I might be posting more. Unfortunately, work (as in, the day job) has been equally busy and boring, as have my runs.
I should note, per a comment by that wonderful runner/blogger Frayed Laces, that while I am an actor, I work during the day for the American Library Association. I like the organization and I like the fact that I have a job that for the most part affords me the comforts that I have grown used to. Such as the great apartment and money for binge drinking. I kid, I kid. Well, mostly.
I ended up modifying my Saturday long run due to ever-pressing issues with my car. Instead, Jen and I ran on Sunday. I think we're both on the same page in terms of where we want our running selves to go. She may be ever-so-slightly more competitive than me (and really, do I have a right to be competitive? NO.), but we both share a desire to someday be consistently running long distances at or around the 9:00 pace. She had to miss Saturday as well so we decided that a speedy 6 miler on Sunday would do the trick. Overall, our plan worked in really windy conditions. We maintained just under a 10:00 pace for the entire distance. The best part is, at the end of the run, we probably could have kept on going at that pace for another mile or so. I see that as positive progress.
Yesterday evening's run was my first "snow run" of the season. Once I hit the lake front path, the snow started coming down heavily, and stuck for the most part. It wasn't until I had hit half-way, turned around and was headed into the wind again that the snow stopped briefly. It was nice to run in the snow, but I know it'll get old fast. RRREEEEAAAAALLLLLY fast. I was actually hoping the snow would hold off until after Thanksgiving, but alas. No go.
I'm starting back slowly with my double workouts. This week I'll do just one, today actually. Through December, due to rehearsals, I'm going to try and average two per week. We'll see how January goes (show opens...come see it if you are in Chi-town). And then February I plan on being back on track in terms of four per week double workouts.
Well, speaking of work...I'm off to a training "thing". Thanks for sticking with me :)
2 comments:
wow--snow already in chicago. can't say i'm surprised. Glad you enjoyed your run anyway.
Good luck with those double workouts -- and the snow!
Post a Comment