Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blogging Neglect

The election is over, and I am back!  So sorry for the absence...I shall endeavor to perform better.  
In this week's running news, let me do a brief, bullet point catch-up for you, because I don't have much to say now...

  1. 7 miler on Saturday went well.  Mimi is pacing this time, and I have a lot of respect for her as a pacer, because she is usually dead on in terms of minute per-mile pace.
  2. Suddenly it got warm again...ahhhh life in the Midwest
  3. Runs this week have been okay.  Nothing special, honestly.  I haven't noticed a big difference in how I "feel" during my runs, but I think i have mostly maintained the pace.
  4. I have been SO not into my strength/cross-training.  I do it, but I half-ass it completely!  I guess some cross-training is better than nothing, but still...I feel I was much more productive earlier.  As in, earlier in the season.
  5. The Cleveland Marathon in on May 17th, so I plan on signing up around the January mark, which isn't too far away.  January that is, not May.
  6. 8 miles to run on Saturday.
  7. Yup...that's about it.

Oh and the best news of all is that my heat finally works!  Don't think this means I'll stop drinking whiskey.

6 comments:

C said...

Yay for heating and good running and all that jazz! Glad things are going well for you.

Marcy said...

Oooooo Cleveland, huh? Sounds like a good one ;-)

Felice Devine said...

Nice that your heat started to work just as it got warm again! Ugh, huh? At least it will be ready when it gets cold.

Nitmos said...

I'm doing a May marathon also. Those long runs in February and March are going to be fun, aren't they? Ahhh, the Midwest...

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the cross training. I just can't seem to get motivated!! Good job on planning ahead for a spring marathon :)

Aron said...

sounds like the running is going well!!! YAY for heat!