Monday, November 10, 2008

Tagged again!

I promise I won't tag anyone for this post, but Absolut(ly) Fit tagged anyone who read her blog, and I was one of those poor readers.  Just watch your back, young lady... ;)

So here it is, seven random facts about my job:

1.  In my department, myself and supervisor are the youngest employees by at least 15 years.  It makes for interesting conversations, that's for sure.

2.  I register librarians for conferences.  True story.  Librarians do attend many conferences and/or take continuing education classes online.  It is absolutely as boring as it sounds.  Yet, having experienced both, it is soooo much better than working for the state.

3.  I've never been very good at math, but because I deal so much with the Accounting/Finance department, money, etc., I've become so much better at it.

4.  There are a lot of interesting characters at my office...I see some of the same people doing the same things everyday.  Not people in my department, but other people around the building.  It's weird, really.

5.  I've found our members to be hugely annoying.  It seems that librarians have MASSIVE chips on their shoulders for no apparent reason at all.  They're all rude on the phone.  And oddly enough, they don't seem to read or research that much.  

6.  Our building is very strange...you can go for months without seeing people from many departments.  But when you do venture out into the unknown, people give you strange looks as if to say "what are you doing here?  Do you work here?"

7.  There are quite a few runners in the building.  My favourite one is Lou :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for responding :) I just always feel guilty tagging specific people because I don't want to force anyone to do it, and I also don't want to exclude someone who might be interested but whom I didn't tag.

Marcy said...

I'm with you on #3 I suck at math as well.

Frayed Laces said...

Wait, I thought you worked in theatre. I am so confused.

Nitmos said...

That's like a bartender that doesn't drink I guess, right?