Thursday, January 15, 2009

Everyone has his or her limit

We've officially hit the cold ceiling in Chicago. It's too cold to be outside for just about anything. So cold, in fact, that this morning I made the executive decision to not go to the gym. I slept in...I know, I'm ashamed of myself too, but I really couldn't help it. It was either walk there (and I'm thinking frostbite is not sexy) or wait on the train platform (...still not sexy).

So today is a gym-free day, and I'm just going to have to be okay with that.

In other news, due to the recession, I might not be able to train with my CES people for the Spring. This means I would be...training solo! I don't know why this is a difficult concept for me to master. Everything else I do is well, solo, so training for races shouldn't be an issue, right? I don't know whether I'm afraid I won't be working hard enough or that I'll slack off, but I'm a little nervous. And a bit sad. I like running with my people and I've made some pretty great friendships, too. We'll see what happens.

I apologize for the lack of blogging, once again! There's just not much to talk about running-wise, when I'm not running. I could regale you with stories from the gym, but the most exciting thing that has happened is that two women got in a fight for my locker on Monday night.

4 comments:

C said...

I left right before the cold spell hit NH. It's about 40 F here in England. VERY warm compared to where you're at.

Good luck not freezing! :)

Aron said...

couldn't you still run with the friends you have made? maybe set up a run once a week or something?

not jealous of that cold... brrr :(

B. Kramer said...

There is a reason why some mammals sleep through this season.

runner26 said...

Everyone here is complaining about the cold and it's well above zero (it is currently 12). Though it's cold, I have known much colder (25 years in Chicago...) My cut-off for running outside was single-digits. But you are tough--you'll survive. Best of luck ;)