So I've signed up for my first official race of the season, The Shamrock Shuffle.
Registration Confirmation for:
Confirmation of Entry and Start Corral Assignments
Your Start Corral Assignment and Confirmation into the event are listed on our website through the Registration Confirmation Page in the Runner Information section under Registration. Registrations are posted to the site throughout the day during business hours (8:30AM - 5:00PM). There is a processing period between when you receive this message and when your entry is posted to the Confirmation page. Note the time stamp (PST) showing the last update.
For additional Race details visit shamrockshuffle.com.
Registration Details
Confirmation #: 37580589-012109122213
Date & Time: 03/29/09
Location: Downtown Chicago (Map)
Purchased at: 01/21/09
Category: Shamrock Shuffle 8K Run
Every year, I promise that I won't do it again. It's crowded and they treat it like a marathon. There's a crap load of people. Hell, there's even an expo! All for 4 miles and some change, with a free beer at the end.
Not even good beer. Michelob Ultra. The very thought makes me nauseous.
However, last year I knocked ten minutes off my time from the previous year. So I'm gunning for six-ish minutes off my time from 2008.
I haven't signed up for the Cleveland Marathon yet, and that's because I have some friends getting married in Ohio the weekend after the Cleveland Marathon. Bummer, right? Why couldn't they consult me first?!?!? Anyway, it's money related, clearly, as there's no way I can fly/drive to Cleveland one weekend, and then do the same thing the following weekend. Physically, mentally, I'm good for stuff like that. But fiscally? Not so much. And I really want to be able to do the Marine Corps Marathon in October (which, interestingly, will be followed by another wedding. I'm going to kill all of my friends), so I might have to have a rematch with the Palos Heights Half-Marathon instead. If you recall, Palos was my Mono-Half. Since I'll be forced to train by myself this Spring, I think a half-marathon will be the better idea. I think I can train for a Half by myself. Pretty sure training solo for a Full is not a good idea at this point in my running career. Any thoughts?
I also bought a new training journal for the year. The training journal that will, on 12/31/2009, state that I've run 1,000 miles. I know I haven't started yet, and you can blame my left foot for that one. Thanks, Christy Brown.
And in case you're wondering, I'm keeping up with my drinking.
4 comments:
Hahahaha love the pic girl!
Lovin' the hair.
I trained for the marathon on my own, but then again I don't like a lot of people. ;) The half sounds good to me. Also it's all about being fiscally sound right now. Please remind me I said that when it comes time for me to choose my fall marathon. :)
Glad you are keeping up with your drinking at least. Do you have a journal for this?
On your own...with people...really depends on what you need. I prefer solo.
i like having a couple people to train with if i need to. yay for the 8k!!
Post a Comment