Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Naperville At Night

I've managed to get in two runs since last I posted, one last night and one this morning. As I said before, I've been trying to avoid running in the dark in Naperville because...the suburbs weird me out. But first, the runs!

Last night's run was the second run of my day. I was going to skip it because I'd already gotten in my workout on the 'mill that morning and I was tired and hungry. However, I felt a tinge of guilt due to the fact that I was running below my pace on the 'mill. Even though it feels like I'm sprinting. So I got home, changed clothes, and headed out for a short 30 minute run. It wasn't as bad as last week, but it still felt like a lot of work just to keep at a 9:45 pace. Humidity is still king of the day.

So for today, I was going to cross train in the morning and then get a short run in later on. However, my cousin's fiancé was staying over and decided to sleep in the basement where all the exercise stuff is. So my options were either to just cross train in the evening, or get that run in during the AM hours. Since Thursday will be a one workout day, I went for the latter. This meant, of course, that I had to start my run prior to 5 AM.

Creepy. Dark. Suburbs. It's just so quiet! There are no cars out. There are no people out. You can see the stars! You never know what else you might find...



Gives me the willies just thinking about it. Nevertheless, I set out for my run. It wasn't so bad actually! And I got used to the quiet about 25 minutes in. I also saw 16 bunnies. SIXTEEN! It's like Night of the Lepus out there...




I know you'll say I'm fear mongering, but that's just YOU making assumptions. Just watch your back, fellow suburbanites.

1 comment:

Nitmos said...

I have never been so terrified of bunnies. Thanks you for that.