
Yesterday was the true test of my speediness. The bus did not pick up on time, and was packed, and there was a higher than normal level of traffic.
I anxiously watched the minutes on the digital clock inside the #125 tick away slowly, dooming me to the 5:22 PM train, and thus a late arrival home. I contemplated opening the doors when we were one traffic light away, as the clock then read 4:57 PM. It read 4:58 PM when we finally were able to exit the bus.
I made a split decision. And that was to sprint.
I don't know how I did it, but I made the 5 PM train. The digital clock outside Track 2 read 4:59:19 PM. I knew I still had a chance if they hadn't closed the doors. So without further ado, I shoved a few people aside and jumped on the first car. Then the doors closed. I was so happy that my legs started shaking. Of course, the shaking may have been due to the fact that I sprinted.
And when I say "sprinted" I don't mean the Execu-jog that you normally see people with briefcases doing. I full on went into track meet mode. I may have knocked down an old lady. I can't really tell you, because it was all a blur. All I really remember is running and seeing those red digital numbers quickly ticking away my fate.
I hope I can do a slow jog today. But just in case, I wore flats.
In other running news, I had a decent easy run last night. I say decent because even my easy runs of late have been difficult. I also did speedwork on the 'mill this morning. Detestable, but done. So now I have a Train Sprint and another easy run this evening to look forward to.
4 comments:
Dang! Well done. I sprinted for a bus once across four lanes of traffic and made it just in time. I was so proud. So should you be. :)
Good for you, girl! Quite an accomplishment. See how speedwork comes in handy?
That oldie probably didn't have to catch a train for another five minutes. She'll be fine...
haha love this :) I used to take Bart (bay areas train) and had to do sprints a few times myself :)
Post a Comment