And now I'm Yoda, apparently.

I really, really need new shoes too. And I'm worried that I'm going to have to run the last 20 miler this Saturday in my current shoes. They are woefully overdue for a change. And change is something I just can't afford. On so many levels. How's that for mixing my metaphors?
Luckily, I should be able to purchase a new pair this weekend. Unfortunately, it'll be after the 20 miler. Oh well. I'm also worried that, having purchase the new shoes over a month prior to the marathon, that I'll need a new pair right before. I think I can remedy this by switching out my old shoes with the soon-to-be-purchased new shoes, thus mitigating the mileage.
Win? I'm going to go with Win.
My training schedule is catching up with me, so I can't wait until October rolls around. I have a class that ends at 9:30 PM, which means there's no power on earth that would allow me to make the 9:40 PM train home. So I wait for the 10:40 train, which gets me home by 11:40 PM, and that means I don't go to bed on Tuesday nights (for the next eight weeks anyway) before midnight. This makes it extremely difficult to get up at 4:30 AM for a workout. Granted I only have to do that for the next three weeks, but it's hard. 4.5 hours of sleep for someone who suffers from sleep deprivation anyway is not fun. It is all sorts of not fun.
I'll figure it out. And by that, I mean I'll suck it up and do it. I already missed both of my Monday workouts due to too much fun at the U2 concert and various errand-runnings after work yesterday. I just felt pretty weak and worn-out, so I thought I'd nix the evening run as well. So I made up the scheduled run this morning and will make up the extra run on Wednesday morning. By Thursday morning, I should be back on track.
I am falling asleep as I type this.
5 comments:
What brand of shoes do you run in? I'm curious because my friend just bought Newtons, and she swears by them.
I hate that payday determines when I purchase new shoes. Hate. Running shoes or sassy heels...
Do or do not. There is no try.
-Yoda
~carpeviam
yeah, this whole season has been rough for me, and I can't WAIT until about noon on October 11. Maybe 1pm. Or 2.
Anyway...I won't be out there with CES on Saturday. Since the 12 pace group is down to, uh, me for the time being (c'mon Lou, get that foot out the boot!)I signed up for CARA so that I can come in last with several thousand runners instead of just run all alone for the entire time.
I have yet to run all week. In addition to tiredness, achy knees etc, I now have a cold. But I do have relatively new shoes. Hope you can get some before Saturday. I assume you get paid on Friday, could you hit up Fleet Feet before they close? And then stay overnight with a friend? Just wondering.
That is not enough sleep! That really shows some impressive dedication.
Ugh. You need more sleep, sister!
A month of training shouldn't wear out your new shoes too much. If you mix in the old ones here and there, you'll definitely be fin!
Post a Comment