Friday, October 30, 2009

NYC Marathon...maybe next year?

Good luck to anyone supporting, running, volunteering, jumping in, etc., the New York City Marathon on Sunday. I'm thinking about entering the lottery for it next year, even though that's not a guarantee. I'd sign up to be a charity runner, but I don't know how much I'd be able to secure in donations. If you happen to see Ed Norton, please tell him that I love him.



Anywho, tomorrow will be my first post-MCM run and I am thrilled about it. So thrilled, in fact, that I have been eating like I'm going on a long run tomorrow. Really, it's going to be about 4 miles. Maybe 5 if I'm feeling superDduper, but I don't want to push it.

As someone more awesome than me put it, for the Winter, I'll only be running as far and for as long as I want to. Once late February rolls around, I'll pick up training for the Palos Heights Half Marathon. And I'm going to put it out there here and now, I want to break 2 hours.

There. I said it. Or wrote it. Either way, I hope that didn't just jinx my chances. If anything, MCM confirmed that I can handle more and am stronger than I thought I was.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

When I was in grad school in NYC, I interned at a company Ed Norton's grandfather founded...some of my co-workers knew him very well. (I didn't-sorry!)

Felice Devine said...

Ha ha ha!!! ;-) We'll have a nice winter together.

Hope you had a great post-MCM run!

And, you can totally break 2 in the half. Go for it!

Lindy said...

you know registration is open today for the NYC marathon 2010 lottery, dontcha? :)