Okay, not really, as it's late and I'm tired. But still...they both are worth mentioning. I purchased The Stick first, and it is great. Mostly because it's very portable. You can easily put it in one of those rolling suitcases that most people can carry-on, but I never do because I always over pack. Anyway, The Stick requires a bit more work on your part because you have to engage your arm muscles. The pressure used to massage your muscles is entirely dependent upon you.
The foam roller, on the other hand, is not very portable (at least not in the size that I purchased. Even the smaller size would be hard to put in a suitcase, I suppose, as it is rather bulky. You use your own weight against it and yes, it can be slightly painful. But it works. You can feel your muscles separating, I guess. But it really does work. You can't cheat your way through the stretch when using a foam roller.
So here's a size comparison...
The foam roller is on the left and The Stick is on the right.
Here are my two friends modeling next to the wooden reindeer that my grand uncle built. Nice, no?Alright, send good thoughts for my physical therapy evaluation, which is tomorrow morning. Not only will I have to battle my way through snow and sleet, but the appointment is at 8 AM, which means I need to get to bed an hour or two ago. Womp womp.
5 comments:
I keep meaning to test my theory that a rolling pin would be just as effective as these.
The rolling pin would indeed be as effective as the stick, absolutely. The foam roller is different because you're lying/sitting/whatever on it.
This may be the best thing you've ever written ;)
i love my stick and foam roller!!!! <3
I have both the foam roller and stick. I use them both! A lot!
Post a Comment