Wednesday, December 2, 2009

MCM in Photos

Ask and ye shall receive...here are the pictures from the 2009 Marine Corps Marathon. They are in opposite order because that's how blogger uploaded them, and I'm too tired to rearrange them. Enjoy!


Me and my mommy at the end of the race with one of the signs she made.

Both of my parents drove in from Ohio to cheer me on. I can't describe in words how amazing it was to experience this with them.

Inside joke, put on a poster by my best friend Stef. We went to high school together, and she refuses to be photographed. In any case, she loved being a part of the marathon madness and went all out making signs for me and cheering me on.
The Lakefront Angels, post-race. All of my girls finished under 4:30! I wish I could have finished with them, but next time, I know I'll come in under 4:30. That is, barring any more stomach incidents!
This is around mile 16, and I was feeling pretty down because of all the bathroom breaks. Seeing my dad, my hero, completely revived me. He was so cute standing there smiling :)
You can see me, in between the two runners wearing red shirts in the foreground. I'm to the right of a person wearing a green shirt.





The start of the race...I'm guessing after I saw my family at the start.

That's my mom, with the sign under her arm!

The names of my friends and family who have served/are serving in the armed services. My dad is on the top of the list.

Numbers!

Front of jersey

Ohhhhh Expo...how you tempt me with your wares!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Cool stuff! And your parents are so cute!

C said...

Nice pics! I look forward to the day when I can have a substantial support crew in tow for a race.

I Run for Fun said...

Your parents are so awesome! Love all the pics. The expo looks massive!

Felice Devine said...

GREAT photos. Love your shirt. :-)