Thursday, February 17, 2011

Movin' and Stuff

It's been a rather busy and dramatic week! I can't believe it is already Thursday...where did the week go?

A quick recap of the week:

  • Monday - sore quads, 3 mile recovery run, BodyBlitz (and if you want to know what BodyBlitz is like, watch the infomercials for The Insanity Workout)
  • Tuesday - sore quads, cross training
  • Wednesday - sore quads, speed work on the deathmill for a total of 4.82 miles
  • Thursday - sore quads, 6 mile marathon pace run
Needless to say, I'm a little worried about the 12 miler scheduled for Sunday. Having sore quads for a week does not exactly make me feel all awesome about my running abilities.

Last night was a rough one for me, and I was afraid it would affect my run this morning. Crazy Neighbor #1 started pounding on my door around 10 PM, only this time asked to come in and talk to me. I've started either ignoring the knocking or yelling at him from the other side. I told him he could not come in and that he should leave me alone.

Well, he didn't. And he decided he'd try to wrench the door open. It wasn't just my apartment that was a target; I could hear him messing with other tenants' doors. This time I yelled that I would call the police. Instead of talking back to me, he started banging on other doors and yelling for "Mary."

No idea who that is.

And then he called the cops himself. It was the most bizarre conversation ever, as I could hear it from the other side of my door. He claimed that "Mary" was his "girl" and that she was being held against her will in the apartment above mine, and was being assaulted.

I wish I was making this up. So the police arrived, and I poked my head out to see what was going on. One of the cops talked to me for a while and I explained what I had experienced and heard. Needless to say, I called the landlord after my run this morning. Landlord was shocked, but assured me that Crazy Neighbor #1 would be evicted by the end of the month. Allegedly, he was not good about taking his meds. Reassuring, no?

2 comments:

Mica said...

Oh goodness, this is a hot mess! You are welcome to crash chez nous if you are afraid of staying in the psycho building.

Sorry about the sore quads. :(

After watching the Insanity ads, did you feel like we should earn a t-shirt?

Laura said...

(Catching up) I just can't believe your landlord said "the end of the month." Um, how about NOW? You would think there would be a provision in the lease for something absurd like this...