Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Prelude to a Longer Post

Short post, because I'm about to go teach...

I've managed to become an incubus of viral plague, so the long run this past Sunday did not happen. Also because I was starting to feel all janky where I injured myself last year. I figured a slight loss of endurance is well worth not injuring myself again. I'm trying to keep in mind the hard fact that I can rest now and be okay, or I can soldier on like an idiot and then be out for considerably longer. I'll take the extra rest day, thanks. I also had to take Monday off (which was okay, because the Hansons' plan called for zero to six miles anyway). Tuesday was cross-training, which featured me nearly passing out on the cardio equipment. Today I did something unusual...I ran in a pool. This also marked the first time in three years that I appeared in public in a bathing suit.

I've made some interesting purchases too. Pictures to follow. Tomorrow calls for a marathon pace six-miler. Should be interesting, to say the least. The plague has extinguished my desire to eat, which while good for my weight, is bad for marathon training. Need to feed, and soon. Speaking of food, Mica will be running the Cleveland Marathon with me! Well, probably slightly ahead of me, but still, in the same race. This is a goodness, as my father would say.

Okay then. More later. Peace out.

3 comments:

C said...

Sounds like lots of bloggers will be running Cleveland. I look forward to all the meet-up posts to come.

Hope you feel better soon!

Mica said...

Cleveland! Yeah we are!

Nitmos said...

It's a good time to take a break, at least. Janky! Love it.