Last night was difficult because the freezing rain came down fairly quickly, and as the night progressed, turned to hail. My face was all blotchy in the short walk from the ARC to my friend Sarah B's car due to being pelted by hail. In general, the last thing you want after suffering in Body Blitz (can't quite move my quads yet) is for nature to double-down on its own punishment.
I wasn't sure that I'd be able to get to the gym this morning, so Mica and I decided to play it by ear. Yesterday morning, we went out for a recovery run and it was quite nice. I'm beginning to like this let's-run-a-bit-the-day-after-a-long-run plan. It feels pretty good. Mica, in her infinite wisdom, pointed out the folly in doing a long run, then body blitz, THEN speed work three days in a row. Thus my scheduled has been re-arranged to Tuesdays as either off days or cross-training days, and Wednesdays are speed work days.
Luckily, I was able to scrape off my car this morning, but the roads are pretty bad. I don't know how running outside in this weather is going to work. Tomorrow, I just might find out...
Now that Wednesdays are speed work days, I either have to find enough clear road to do something between 3 and 5 miles, or get to the gym safely. I feel like neither will be an option tomorrow. If I run outside, it will have to be on the roads, and therefore will have to be really early in the morning.
So here's the thing, I'm a bit neurotic about my schedule. This is only week three of marathon training and already things are starting to go to shit. Really, I know it's still early and that if I miss one week of speed training, things will be okay. I know that I will make due. It just doesn't feel that way. So we'll see what happens.
At least I have enough sponges and chocolate milk to make it through Snowmaggedon
3 comments:
when the weather gets really bad- have fun with it... if you can't because it is dangerous- you can always rest:) Enjoy!!
Yes, I think speedwork may be moved to another day this week unless campus rec is accessible tomorrow.
Snowpocalypse! Yeah, I forgot about that one!
Post a Comment