Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Belly of the Beast

Okay that title sounds much more dramatic than the situation, but this will probably be my last post before the marathon. Fact! I leave tomorrow and will be too busy/away from the internet, for posting purposes. These are my last words.

I have two more runs before the marathon. 30 minutes tomorrow morning and 15 to 20 minutes on Saturday, just to loosen my legs up. I'll bring my camera, but who knows when I'll locate my USB cable??? One day, you'll all see a post from me with 50,000 photos on it. And you will love it.

But until that day happens, we'll just have to talk about running.

I'm trying to pack light for my trip, which is no small feat for me. Being paranoid about losing my shoes before the race, I'm carrying-on my race day outfit on the plane with me. I just don't know what I'd do if my bags were lost. Yeah, I can buy new shorts, shirts, socks, sports bras, etc., but shoes would be a bad idea. I once had a 16 miler that I chose to run in new shoes and I will never make that mistake again.

So, here I go! Off to marathon #3! See you all on Tuesday!

6 comments:

Blasé said...

You GO, Girl!

Felice Devine said...

Good luck and enjoy it! Hope you have a great race!

B. Kramer said...

Good luck! Have a great race. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

Lindy said...

You've had an AWESOME training season, time to let it all pay off! Congrats on what I know will be a FABULOUS marathon race!!! Can't wait to read your race report.

Anonymous said...

Carpe Viam! Sieze the road!

Good luck!

~carpeviam

C said...

How did it go?!?