Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Not-Tapering my Food

So far, I've done alright with cutting back on my workouts. I've only been doing what's required of me as dictated by the running schedule. In any other area of life, only doing the minimum is frowned upon. But only doing the minimum during your taper makes me a rock star.

You wouldn't know by the amount of food I've been shoveling. This makes me thankful I'm blessed to live in a country with such easy access to food. Thanks, America! Part of this is not my fault. Sort of. We had a work party last week and I managed to put away eight pieces of pizza on Thursday, and have been snacking on leftover cookies ever since.

Yes, that's right. You heard me. EIGHT slices of pizza. This is clearly a hold over from my college days of "What...there's food? And it's FREE??? Better start hoarding!!!"

But I'm feeling really hungry. Legit, I promise! Stomach rumbling hungry, so it feels wrong not to eat something. I probably should put down the cookies though, and eat the two bananas that are staring at me right now. Maybe in a little bit.

And on a more meaningful note, my mom sent me a video and article about the Army 10 miler. For some reason I can't get the code to work here, but if you click on the link, you can read the article and see the video Her friend's godson (Lt. Guyton) participated in it, along with Tammy Duckworth, another disabled Veteran. The godson lost both of his legs in Afghanistan two months ago. He's hoping to have prosthetic legs to run the race next year. It just kinda puts in perspective whatever pain we feel we're going through. In any case, it's a great push for in the run down to my marathon.

No comments: