Thursday, October 29, 2009

Seen at the Marathon



So here are some more fun things about MCM, which I definitely will be doing again!

1. For a while, I ran around a guy who ran the entire race barefoot. I kinda wish I'd had my camera for that one.

2. Someone must have screened all the Marines working the race to look as physically fit and handsome/beautiful as possible. Every aid station I stopped at was chock full of muscular manliness. And kick-ass womanliness as well.

3. Wearing scented trash bags at the start helps mitigate the smell of porto-potties.

4. In this race, if you really want to "race" it, I'd almost advise starting ahead of your pace group. There were times when the path became so narrow, due to spectators and people walking four+ across, that you couldn't stay on pace anyway.

5. It is a truly wonderful thing to have family and friends on the course. Mostly because they act as your mobile support unit.

6. Signs I saw included ENCOURAGING SIGN and SIGN FAIL.

7. There was no one cheering in front of the Federal Reserve. Coincidence? I think not...

8. Marathonfoto blows because it won't let me steal the proofs with "PROOF" written across them to show you lovely people. I'll have to post pictures some other time. Suffice it to say, I don't look like I'm going to crap my pants.

1 comment:

Felice Devine said...

See, now I would think that the faux lemon trash bag scent would combine with the uriney grossness of the porta-potties to make one giant pukey smell. Glad I'm wrong :-)

And, glad you enjoyed the MCM so much that you want to do it again. That's cool!