Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Paths to Tread

I'm not trying to be all existential about this. I really did find a new path to run on. Well, it's not really new...but it's new to me.

You see, when I usually head to the Prairie Path, I run through a sub-development, and then cross a divided highway (because I'm from Chicago and we jaywalk just about everywhere), and then hit up the path. However, I always see this tunnel and another closed-off park from certain points on the path. Never have I journeyed through this tunnel. It's a shady tunnel, and I don't trust the suburbs. However, having recently viewed a map which showed that this tunnel connects to another prairie path, I decided to give it a go this weekend.

So here's the run that I actually ran, but bear in mind that I ran the loop portion twice. I was supposed to do 18 miles, but started to feel like poo around 8 miles, so I bagged the run at about 14 miles. I figured I'd already completed 2 solo 20 milers, and I was beginning to feels pains in my feet and knees. The last thing I want right now, three weeks before my race, is to injure myself for the sake of high mileage. 14 was plenty!

2 comments:

Felice Devine said...

Nice!! You're smart to save the legs. Keep 'em fresh!

Aron said...

i LOVE finding new paths to run on :)