I was keen to get a possibly long run in today, so Friday night I behaved myself. I went out to dinner (appropriately carby, but not pasta...it was a salad, waffle fries, and a half grilled-cheese sandwich), only had one drink, followed by a lot of water, and went to bed early. I also watched one of my official pre-long run movies, Run Fatboy Run.
Movies...I gots some.
Movies...I gots some.I felt for sure that I could manage six-ish miles at about a 10 minute pace. After all, I had a couple of really good runs/workouts this week.
In a desperate attempt to keep the momentum going, I unpacked (yep, still doing that...) my "Wall of Motivation".
Parts of it were destroyed in the great move of 2009-2010, but the cool parts remain intact. I'll be adding to it again soon.
Parts of it were destroyed in the great move of 2009-2010, but the cool parts remain intact. I'll be adding to it again soon.Well, sadly, its effects were short-lived. I was about three miles into the run when I started feeling crappy. So I walked for a bit (I also ran out of sidewalk and forgot about the football game on campus today, so the walk was well-timed actually). I resumed my run and headed back off-campus as quickly as possible. I kept weaving around, trying to extend my route but eventually found my way back to my apartment and called it a day.
5.18 miles. Not good enough.
But there are things I can do, changes I can make. I need to be much better about my diet...that's not to say that I need to go on a diet, but due to the great Pest problem, I haven't been eating well consistently. I've been eating out a lot, not getting enough fruits and veggies in, skipping meals, etc. I can do much better than that!
And I also need a new pair of shoes. I need to get fitted for a new pair of shoes! And just in time, my financial aid was completely screwed up, so I need to wait until next weekend (or when my loan money finally goes through) to make the trip to a new running store, Body n' Sole.

3 comments:
I LOVE your blog's new look! Love your pic too...though you look sad...you poor thing. Keep up the great work. It's harder when you are having a tough time finding that mojo, but you'll pull through...you are a motivated person.
Boo! I had a yucky run today too. Must have been the football game.
It'll come back! You'll bounce out of this slump, I know! You've got a lot of good experience on your side. :)
Also, let me know if you want to make the trip to BnS together.
haha--i just posted about running happy and new running shoes ;) glad to see you're posting again. love the new look!
Post a Comment