Monday, September 20, 2010

What's Eating You?

You know how I was promising that I would do a post about food? And how it never happened? Well, dear Readers, you are in luck...here's a blog about food stuffs and my belly.

I have a good excuse for the delay though. I have discovered that my camera is broken. Right now, my "camera" is the Photobooth function on my Mac and my Blackberry. That's the way I roll. At least until I can afford a new, cheap, yet quality digital camera.

On to the food!

As you've not doubt read, I have a bit of a pest problem in my apartment. Not only does this make me cry, but it has also caused many problems for my diet. I lost about 10 pounds in the first week and a half that I lived here. I've been too scared to cook, aside from reheating a few items. I'm terrified to leave things in the sink, even just soaking for a little bit.

But I'm stuck here for the year, so I need to adapt. Yes, I'll be moving again, but for now, I have to stay here. And *knock on wood* I haven't seen a pest in about 2.5 weeks. Either way, I'm not too keen on busting out the Forman grill everyday. So back to cooking for the entire week it is!

This is actually a lot easier and efficient for me in the long run. Does it make me a gourmet? No. Does it expand my palette? No. It does, however, help me with time management.

Food for the week: Done and done

Let's be honest: It's hard to cook for one person. If you can, it's generally more than the average sized portion. And, if you have amazing parents like mine that shop at Costco, you can't really cook just one or two servings anyway. Well, as the picture above shows, I've got it down. I cooked six portions of rice, six portions of mixed veggies, and six servings of chicken breasts. I've got everything I need in each little gladware. And given my nifty schedule, this makes coming home and eating right easy. There's no excuse for ordering (and consuming) a pizza solo.

Cheers!

aaaaaaaaand my hand looks like it's the size of my head

1 comment:

Mica said...

I have a hard enough time cooking for two people, especially when one person eats 1.5-2 servings. This shit is complicated, yo.

Boooo, bugs!