Currently procrastinating. What a good little grad student, right?
Anyway, I wanted to run about four miles this evening at an easy pace. I also wanted to burn off the ice cream I ate. Yep. Not quite a purely cosmetic run, but still, I wasn't just out there for the sheer joy of running.
Another discovery: Champaign isn't as well lit in the evenings as Chicago. I might invest in some sort of headlamp or something. I started at about 6:30 PM, and it was starting to become a bit darker, and I know it will only become darker as we get further into the Fall.
My normal route is about three miles, so I popped on Map My Run to see how I could turn those three miles into four. I saw a country club in Champaign, so I figured I would tack that onto the end of my run. Well, I guess I missed the turn and ended up somewhere I didn't know. There were big houses. Someone was throwing a party, and I wasn't invited, so I turned around to rejoin my more familiar route. And, per usual, as soon as I hit four miles, I stopped. I could have kept running for another 0.40 miles to arrive closer to home, but I was tired and my knees felt a little sore.
This is what I wanted to do...
This is what I actually did...and then walked the rest of the way home.
This is what I actually did...and then walked the rest of the way home.
That reminds me...I need to new shoes. Ohhhhhh how I need new shoes. If only there was money.
Enough procrastinating...back to my first big grad school paper! Keep your fingers crossed, offer up blood sacrifices, say prayers, etc. Thanks and good night.
1 comment:
I use the Waverly section as part of a five-miler. I also like to turn East on Armory (the north edge of the CC). It's pretty, especially in the fall.
Post a Comment