Monday, September 27, 2010

Say hello to my new friends...


Fancy lacing...oddly useful.


Welcome back, Mizunos!

I probably should have posted this sooner, since a lot went down this past weekend (well, a lot in my world anyway), but I didn't because I was busy prepping for an exposé en français. And it ended up being an epic fail anyway. Maybe I should reconsider my choice of career since it seems I can't speak French.

Anway, in short form:
  • 5K on Saturday with the illustrious, rock star runner MicaPie.
  • One of her friends WON the walk version of the race. With a fractured pelvis. WTF.
  • Managed to stay with MicaPie until approximately the last half mile? Maybe? Anyway, I hung around
  • Some chick actually tried to pass me in the last 0.1 of the race, so I had to throw down, thereby nearly reaching the puke threshold.
  • Went shoe-shopping!
Body n' Sole seems like a pretty awesome place, and it's really cool that there's a running store so close. MicaPie accompanied me and after much indecision, I felt most comfortable back in the Mizunos. However, I'm not in the same kind as before...I'm wearing the Wave Inspire 6. AND, the young man who fitted me helped me change the way I tie the laces (illustrated not-so-well in the first picture). I like it because I can tie the laces more tightly around my ankles without feeling like I've cut off the circulation on the top of my foot.

It's all good, in any case. I tested out the shoes on a quick run this morning, and I can already feel the difference in my knees. I just hope they help in adjusting my gait overall.

Okay, I'm going to wallow a bit more before I remind myself that I need to kick ass.

4 comments:

Aron said...

beautiful shoes!!! nice job at the 5k too :)

Mica said...

Yeah! New shoes are the best!

...Um, did you hear they found a BODY in the lake Sunday morning??!?!?!

Ryan said...

Don't worry, the French will come back to you--it's been a while since you've had to use it like you do in school.

Glad you can already feel the difference with your new shoes.

runner26 said...

i love new shoes!!