...I'm going to blame this one on the first of three wedding I have to go to this year. It was a really beautiful service, but I had to hustle to get stuff done last week before I drove to Cleveland.
Back to the good stuff. Or rather, lack of stuff. I ended up not running on Friday or Saturday last week whilst in the land of Cleve. Why? No good reason...I had just gotten my hair dyed and didn't want to sweat it off onto my clothes (has happened before). I did run on Monday, according to the schedule, and managed to have a good run with minimal hair leakage. Tonight is our second Wednesday night training run and we're supposed to predict our 5K finishing times. Here's the deal: You write down the time you think you'll finish in before the start and then see how close you came after you've finished. I'm tempted to actually unofficially PR tonight. I'd like to gun for under 27 minutes. We'll see how the weather is...if it's too humid, I'll settle for 27:30 and call it a day. Of course, perhaps I can test out my whole "There-is-no-spoon" theory and run as fast as I can. Maybe?
Only time will tell...
In other news, I don't think I'll be able to do the new half on June 7th. Boo. I was hoping to get another half marathon in this year, but funding is really tight right now. I can barely afford the new shoes that I still need to get.
Side Note: If you are a woman, and you live in Chicago, and you wear a running shoe sized 10.5, QUIT BUYING MY NIKES. I have been to 4 running shoe stores in Chicago and Cleveland and have gotten the same answer..."we have sizes 10 and 11, but are out of 10.5".
Ass. Hats.
I'm going to attempt to purchase new shoes tonight at Fleet Feet. That is, if they aren't as rude and unhelpful as they were last week.
4 comments:
Good luck with the 5k. I say go for it (provided the weather cooperates) and get the PR!!
You should just order your shoes. Then you don't have to drive around all over Chicago looking for your brand/style.
I use holabirdsports.com
Free shipping!
~carpeviam
What exactly is the "There is no spoon" theory?
I am terrible at predicting my time...I feel I will jinx myself.
Hope you find those running shoes. Ugh...I feel your pain.
Post a Comment