Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Runner's World M.I.A.

This must be some sort of cruel joke. Right at the beginning of marathon training, when I need all the inspirational tchotchkes that I can possibly find, Runner's World drops the ball again and fails to deliver my May issue.

Or it's the Chicago Postal Service. Worst postal service in the nation. And you thought everything from Chicago was great.

Or is this some sort of combined issue thing? Are May and June one in the same issue? Have any of you out there received your May issue yet? I suppose I can make a call or two when I get home today, but this ticks me off ever-so slightly. Can't things run the way they're supposed to run?

I can't wait for the first long run of the CES summer marathoning season on Saturday! Huzzah for 6:30 AM runs! I'm nervous, of course, about being able to keep up with the 10:00 pace for the long runs, especially because my long runs will be longer with the new schedule I'm following. But I'm also excited for the challenge and know that either way, I'll be a stronger runner for the MCM in October.

Aaaaaaand it's raining out, so I'll have my first rainy tempo run of the summer this evening. Classic!

4 comments:

I Run for Fun said...

Good luck!!! You'll do great. Too bad about Runners World..hope you get yours soon.

Aron said...

i didnt get mine yet either but its ALWAYS late.

C said...

Damn RW!

You're doing MCM? That's cool! I lived in DC for four years and the course goes by just two blocks from where I used to live. :)

Lindy said...

I got my Indy race confirmation booklet a full 8 DAYS after my friend got hers, out in the burbs. Chicago P.O. is terrible. I mean, I know it's a lot of mail, but they should have the hang of this whole mail delivery thing by now. It's been, what, 100+ years?! Sheesh!