Thursday, February 25, 2010

Jusqu'ici, Tout va Bien...



That's a line from my favourite movie, La Haine, and translates to "so far, so good." And thus we proceed with the cautious optimism. I ran for nine minutes on the DeathMill this morning at physical therapy, and it was good.

Nine minutes! I mean really...unless I'm sprinting, I usually don't even reach a mile in nine minutes. But it felt like I'd finished a marathon. Physical Therapist has officially scheduled the video gait analysis for me. This means I'll be running for a good 15 minutes either next Thursday, or the following Tuesday. So I'm excited. I'm feeling pretty good right now. No phantom aches or anything like that. It still feels "not right", but that may just be the signs of healing, and I'm okay with the weirdness.

So this weekend will include a lot of stretching and PT exercises. Perhaps some ice, too. The possibilities seem to be endless...

3 comments:

The Sean said...

You are really stretching out that long run:) If it makes you feel any better you have inspired me to pay a little more attention to stretching more often.

Anonymous said...

That's great! 3 more minutes than last time! You're on a roll...but at what point do you stop the 3 minute increase? At 200 minutes? 500?!

runner26 said...

nice work!! i wonder if the "weirdness" is because your muscles are not used to running? i remember feeling that way when i started recovery runs after ITBS. hope things continue to be pain-free for you!