I'd twiddle my thumbs, but I rather twiddle my toes. That counts as cardio, right? Physical Therapy went pretty well yesterday, and I've been pain-free for about three weeks now. Once again, cautiously optimistic as I haven't done anything except exist in a pain-free state. I'd be more excited if I was pain free after a blissful 60 minutes of running. But I'll take what I can get.
Tonight is my last night as Exotic Fish-Watcher Extraordinaire. If I can manage to remove my car from the snow fort it is currently encased in, I'll be back in my refridg--err--apartment tomorrow night.
Back to the PT. My therapist is scheduling the video gait analysis for me the first week of March. I'm excited and nervous about this venture. We're still playing it by ear, or feeling, if I should run at all right now. She is of the opinion that I'm not strong enough to do so yet. But I don't want to do the gait analysis without having completed at least a brief run. I'm afraid that all of my endurance will be shot. So we're going to see what happens. Next week we'll add in more exercises requiring exertion from my hamstrings. The week after that will be more of the same, with a potential run on the deathmill. And then the week after that will be Video Gait Analysis Week, or VGAW.
So, enjoy the long weekend and be sure to get in a good long run for me.
3 comments:
Countdown to VGAW!!! It'ss go by quickly and then you can wonder at that odd pain residing within your quads. It will seem familiar to you, but you be sure why putting on socks is so difficult:)
Good-bye EFWE...Hello VGAW!
Deathmill. Good one!
Virtual training, huh? Put me down for 16 miles. At this rate, you are going to be in awesome shape in no time!
glad to hear you're painfree!! that's is the best!
Post a Comment