Tuesday, February 9, 2010

PT + Weather + Happy Runner Give-Away

Happy Runner is giving away some cool shit. Some cool girly runner shit. And you know what? I want it. You may want it too. If you're a girl. Or if you have a significant other who is a girl. And likes to run. It'd be a GREAT Valentine's Day (or as we singletons like to call it, "Sunday") present for your girly-significant-other-runner.

I was worried I wouldn't make it to yet another exciting episode of physical therapy this morning. I nearly didn't as the bus just decided to blow right by me. Yep, I was standing there, lit by a street light, even made eye contact with the driver, who just kept on going. He clearly realized his mistake about a block and a half later, and stopped. Thus I got my first run in about a month in. I'll let you know how I'm feeling tomorrow, of course.

We're starting to do more in PT now. Today involved me hopping onto one leg, squatting, then rising up on my toes, and then jumping onto the other leg and repeating the process. Stuff like that. They are also still ultra-sounding my leg as well. Something is still too tight with where my IT band connects to my knee. And where my lateral hamstring (I think) attaches to the back/side of my knee. Seriously, it feels weird when the ultra sound thingy is on it. Like an alien is going to pop out or something...

Aside from that, I'm still feeling cautiously optimistic. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to run my Palos Heights Half Marathon for the third year in a row on May 2nd. Whether or not I'll be able to accomplish my goal of running under 2 hours is another story.

3 comments:

Psyche said...

Thanks for that image of the Alien popping out of your IT band. I can't stop thinking about it:)

Felice Devine said...

THANKS!!!!

Glad you are feeling optimistic, even if it is cautious optimism!

I Run for Fun said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you...glad your PT is going well.