Still, I'm without a good method of cardio. I've been exotic fish-sitting for my aunt and uncle on the far Northwest side of the city and discovered an old exercise bike in their basement. When I say "old", I mean really, really old. I'm assuming my uncle dragged it out so he could exercise, since he needs to lose weight before his knee replacement surgery (both knees; note: I am truly grateful that I'm not in worse shape with this injury. Seriously). But seriously, it's ancient. I'll try and remember my camera next weekend and take a picture for you guys.

It kinda looks like this, only with a swell gold finish. You can tell it hasn't been used in years because when you start to peddle, dust flies up in your face.
Speaking of, I haven't been able to do the food post yet because I'm not near my not-as-clean-as-I-want kitchen. So perhaps that will happen next week. Most likely the week after. Don't hold your breath, basically. Generally, my new philosophy is this: I can't run right now. Therefore, I'm not getting the quality cardio that I was before. My caloric intake needs to reflect this or else disaster in the form of weight gain will strike. I do not want to be one of those people who becomes injured and puts on a ton of weight, thereby making her climb back to fitness longer than before. My new apartment and kitchen are sketchy. Maybe not for the average person, but for me, yes they are. Plus, none of the plates/cooking utensils/pots belong to me. While I'm allowed to use them, I don't enjoy using them. But I need to cook. I can't survive on microwaved food for the next six months. Therefore, I'm trying to minimize my impact in the kitchen. I've been cooking a week's worth of dinners on Sunday and then individually storing everything, so all I have to do is reheat what I've saved.
Genius. And this means I need to pay more attention to what I'm cooking for the week. I tend to be a creature of habit. If I like something, I tend to eat it until I'm bored of it. And then what? So I'm trying to use diverse items that are really filling so I don't feel like I need to scavenge when I'm done eating.
Keeping costs low is also key. I'm still trying to save money. But I've also come to a point where I don't want to sacrifice nutrition or quality food. Trying to find the balance between fresh/organic and bulk/long-lasting will be a challenge.
So I guess you kinda got your food post anyway...
No comments:
Post a Comment