And now back to me :)
So here I am, in TaperLand. Which sounds suspiciously like Tapir Land. Don't be fooled, it's not the same thing at all.

I've been feeling the pain recently, so I'm trying to actually taper. Meaning, only run once per day. I've been tired, grouchy, and achy (yet, not breaky) so I figured I should sleep in rather than over-train. So that's where I am right now. I didn't workout on Tuesday at all, and today I did lunges, push-ups, squats, and the plank this morning. Might do a little more of the same this evening. My runs on Monday and Wednesday were great, pace-wise. Sub 9:20's!!! It felt like work, sure, but not like I was sprinting or anything of that nature. Progress...I like it when it's slow :)
I've also decided to be superstitious about my goal time/pace for Palos Heights. I'll only say that I'd very much like to do better than last year's Mono Half-Marathon. As I am currently healthy and pretty well prepared, I feel like this shouldn't be a long-shot for me to accomplish. But as we all know, you can't predict what happens on race day! Or in the South suburbs for that matter.
Speaking of, Khalid Khannouchi and his wife will be kicking off the race again this year AND running it! I don't know if he's going to be racing but he'll be running, and that's what's important. How sweet is that? So far, I've run in three races with Olympians! He spoke at the start of the race last year, and I can't tell you how inspiring and cool it was to have him cheer you on during a race.
I will also have a race report for you guys this coming Saturday...the Race to Wrigley! I figured a 5K that starts one block south of my apartment won't be out of the question one week prior to my real race, right?
5 comments:
Oh. My. God! I can not believe you ahve a picture of a baby tapir on you blog. How awesome is that?!
Woo Hoo! For taper (and tapirs, for that matter) I can't wait to read your race report!
Good luck on the 5K!
Taper means "run once per day"??? I have a different definition, girl. You are hardcore!
yay for taper!! welcome to the club :)
thanks for the link!!!
You're getting so speedy! Yay! :)
Good luck this weekend.
A tapir? Learn something new every day.
Good luck in the 5k!
Post a Comment