Usually, whilst residing in Taper Land, I get pretty anxious and try to pull stunts like, cramming in extra miles or doing a borderline obsessive amount of cross training. I am literally overcome by the desire to do these things.
But not this time. According to my schedule, Tuesday and Thursday this week are complete rest days, and I am more than happy to oblige. Monday's run was not amazing, as my shins are acting up again. I thus have no desire to push it at all. I want to run a good race on Sunday, and I do have super-secret goals, but still...none of these things are pressuring me into a flurry of activity right now. I guess this is a good thing. It makes me nervous, too, that I'm so laid-back right now. A little too laid-back, if you ask me.
Logically, nothing I do this week is going to help me with the race on Sunday. I could, however, hurt myself if I act like a tool and, ohhh I don't know, add in a 10 mile run. I'm trying to remind myself of that fact when I do start to get a little panicky.
Take Monday's run, for instance. My shins were killing me, and it felt as if I'd never been passed by so many people in my life. But I really tried to slow down and take it easy. It was hard though, especially since I've been running a little bit faster as of late.
I've got a 40 minute easy run on the schedule for tonight, which I'm looking forward too for sure. And, as I mentioned, I have Thursday off.
Oh, and Betsy...I'm planning on signing up for the new half on June 7th...just haven't done it yet!
4 comments:
GOOD job girl for tapering :) i know its hard and definitely not fun but you will be happy you did on sunday!!! GOOD LUCK and have a great race!!!!
Nice taper. We all have different issues with tapering...yours is to train too much, mine is to eat too much! God job resisting that temptation.
Just 3 more days to go. Good luck!
The "new half?" Was there an "old half?" Any relation to "the other half?"
;) Best wishes with the taper.
~carpeviam
You're doing great. Keep your eyes on the prize. Good luck on Sunday!!!
Post a Comment