I had a decent progression run this morning. Didn't really plan on it being a progression run, but still, it turned out that way and I, for one, am glad. The weather was really cold this morning, so I once again wore two pairs of pants and the Notre Dame hat. As I hit the Lakefront path, I was running about a 10:15 pace per mile. Gradually, I bumped this up to a 10:05 pace per mile before running the last 1.75 miles at a 9:50 pace. All in all, it felt like a pretty solid run! The nice part about runs these days is that the sun is coming up earlier, so there's this really eerie light on the Lake. You know those B Sci-fi movies where someone's doppelganger emerges from some lake? Or it's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers style? Or the Tommyknockers? Yeah, that's how Lake Mich looked this morning.
I sincerely hope that there's not some evil-twin version of me running around Streeterville at this very moment.
And speaking of close encounters...Running Boy was at the gym again tonight. And did all of his ab work right next to me. RIGHT NEXT TO ME! I was paralyzed by fear. The only thing I could do was awkwardly smile and workout even harder.
But he sat right next to me! And kept looking at me! Although, this may or may not have been because I was staring at him. And true, he probably sat next to me because so many crazy gym-goers were spread out all over the exercise mat area.
Le sigh. Whatever. It's a guarantee that he's not interested because I am interested. That's how it works with me and guys.
Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday and if there's one this I do really well, it's eat to excess. Yet another reason guys I'm attracted to are all over me. I'm planning on eating a lot, going to the gym, eating more, and still planning my Lenten items. I already know that I'm going to go to Mass one extra time per week, but I haven't decided on an item to give up. I mean I really don't have to give up anything. That's generally thought of as an extremely elementary theological device. And if it doesn't mean anything to you in the spiritual sense, then giving up something isn't doing you much good anyway. I still think I might give up sweets because I've found myself craving them and then going to odd lengths to get them. I could most likely use that time to study for the GRE or pray. We'll see!
And now I'm tired. I could barely keep my eyes open at work today, no doubt due to the neighborly festivities of Saturday night/Sunday morning. I need to get some rest before I spend the entire day eating stuff.
3 comments:
Hurry up and act like you're not interested because that just makes them give you more attention LOL This is getting good chica!
Nice run. I love the early sun. Everything looks so pretty. Can't wait for warmer weather too!
awesome job on the run!!!
well a smile was the second step... so now what's next :)
Post a Comment