Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Terrible Tuesdays

I'm going to put it out there right now that I'm in a crappy mood and that I think the week is going to be a crappy one. This is all entirely work related and I'm hoping it will indeed be resolved by Friday.

Likelihood of this? Slim, but I have hope in my heart.

In running news, I had a great run on Monday! I ran 9:30's and it felt really good. I'm hoping tomorrow's 5K predictor run goes well, too. Ironically, I will not be predicting my finishing time. If I can maintain 9:30's, then my finishing time will be 28:30 ish. Sweetness, right? I also have a solo 8 miler in the books for this weekend. I can only hope for non-suckey weather. All in all, I'm just so grateful to be able to run so much again. I'm trying to hold back a little bit, even though part of me really wants to go back to running twice a day on Mondays and Wednesdays, and then running and cross-training on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The logical side of me knows, however, that this would be a bad idea right at this very moment. I try to remind myself that there really is no actual necessity for me to have big mileage weeks right now when I'm training for a half-marathon. I can do that in the summer when I start marathon training!

Taking things slowly is the key here.

And in Running Boy news...I saw him at the gym today! Here's more reasons as to why I'm pretty sure he's one of us:

1. He uses the foam rollers
2. He does the hip flexor stretch
3. He cross trains

He has to be a runner! Today of course, I was doing some ankle/core strengthening exercises, which basically make me look like a tool, and he stood behind me (a little ways back of course) and I think watched whilst he was stretching. Maybe. Tomorrow evening I'm going to try a little experiment. I'm going to put my iPod away when I do my strength training. It's hard to approach someone with earbuds in, so mayhaps this will encourage him to say hello to me? Maybe? Probably not, but it's a good distraction from the plethora of asshat men in my life right now. Word.

Off to bed now. My life is so very exciting.

EDIT: Here's what my balance exercise looks like, only my trainer has me do it without the ball and with my arms straight out to the sides. So really, I look like one of those drinking storks


2 comments:

Aron said...

hope your week gets better! great job on the runs and good job holding back when you know you should... that can be HARD sometimes. good luck with the boy too :)

Marcy said...

Oooooooo la la!! You know you have to talk to him. At least smile and say hi, right? ;-)