Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baby Steps

Well, we're three days into February and I've managed to run twice.

Yay!

Granted, once was on a treadmill for about a mile and a quarter, and the other time was this morning for a little less than 3 miles (and at an 11:00 pace...I'm so ashamed), but still, I ran. The foot still feels...funny. That's as best as I am able to describe it. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't ache, it just feels funny.

I still think a visit to the doctor is in order, and soon if I want to stay on schedule (provided nothing ends up being wrong with the foot) for the Palos Half-Marathon in May. I wish I was running with my buddies in CES, but I just can't afford it right now, especially because the possibility still exists that there really IS something wrong with my foot.

So, on to the running! It is ass-numbingly cold outside. Seriously, when I got back to my apartment this morning, I could not feel my ass. To be honest, it's still a little numb. But to my delight, there are a few folks out on the Lake front path. Good for them. Joanie Garmin seemed a little shocked to see me. It's been over six weeks since we last went on a run together and since then, she has stared sadly at me from my bookshelf.

I know, Joanie, it was hard for me too.

I also really need to get a new pair of Super Feet inserts before I start adding big miles back on to my schedule. I guess it's good that I'm taking it slowly oh so slowly right now. I'm going to attempt another slow, short run tomorrow morning and see how things play out. Keep your fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Aron said...

yay for running!!! glad the foot doesnt hurt but hope the funny feeling goes away soon. probably smart to see a dr just incase. good luck!

RBR said...

Yay! I am glad you were able to run, but I hope the "funny" feeling isn't something wrong. I agree with aron, a Dr. visit is probably a good idea.

Felice Devine said...

So glad you've been able to get in some running!!! I, too, vote for a trip to the doc, though.