Monday, July 28, 2008

Fill-in-the-Blank

I don't have much to post today, due to a lack of running on Sunday and no new news (hahaha...say that five times fast!) concerning the show.

There's always man drama. Oh yes, there's always man drama. Basically, it boils down to this: it is extremely awkward having someone like you soooooooo much more than you like him. This is definitely an opportunity for you to bust out the Awkward Mic or the Awkward Turtle. Anyway, I made the situation that much more awkward because said Dude hangs in the same circle of friends that I do. Oh if ever there were a moment to erase time, this would be it. Sadly, dude is a really nice guy but completely overbearing and I really just don't think I'm into him that much. I know, give it a chance. Trust me, I'm squinting so hard people think I'm crying all the time. Why, oh why can't someone I'm interested in also be interested in me? Mutual attraction, that's all I'm after!

Not right now, anyway. I've finally hit a point (and I give partial credit to running for helping me on the way) where I don't dislike myself. This is a new and different feeling, and I like it! So, I don't need sketchy guys, love-sick guys, waffley guys or guys in general to be involved with me. Like that. I'm sure you get me, bloggers.


So, I'm looking forward to my run with Joanie this evening. We've got a 50 minute run and it's a cutback week before the CDC, so I just might extend it ever so slightly to 60 minutes, because I finally have my Monday and Tuesday nights free again. And in three weeks, the rest of my nights will be free as well. Just in time to really get ready for the Chicago Marathon. I am keeping my fingers crossed/lighting candles/offering up sacrifices for really good weather. Luckily, I didn't run it last year (I ran Dublin instead for my first marathon) and that was a good choice for me. My former roommates, however, did run Chicago and was miraculously able to finish it. But it took her an hour longer than she had trained for to do so. Hell, I was dehydrated just standing around watching her run. Doubtful I would have finished it at all, and that would have been so disappointing.

To end, I will once again pimp my show: Come see Margaret Fleming at The Side Project Theatre on Jarvis, if you are in Chicago! Thursdays are pay-what-you-can. The show (aside from my *ahem* accent) is Chicago Critic Recommended. Support your local artist! And I would like to say thanks to Marcy, Viper, Angela, Frayed Laces, Laura for their well-wishes and support. It's very nice :)

No comments: