Last night we got reamed for the night before. I don't want to go into it because we deserved most of it, but not all, and I'll leave it at that. The show is going to be wonderful, though! RW truly has mad directing skillz. With a "z" no doubt! He has no reason to worry I think. So, you all should come to see me!!!! Thursday nights are pay-what-you-can! That's a deal anyway you look at it. Check out Blackbird Theatre Company for more information. Yes, my headshot is old. And yes, that's my real hair too. Why, thank you...I have lost some weight!
Now that I'm done pimping my show, I can talk about my Garmin! I have decided to name her Joanie, after you-know-who. I think the name choice is appropriate.

She's a little hard to handle, but I think we'll get along great. Joanie has already helped me manage my pace a little bit better. I know, I know...Joanie is not entirely accurate, but on the average, she has confirmed that my pace has been a bit faster of late. I was trying to estimate the distance and pace on my own, thinking "why does it feel so hard today?" and feeling like something's wrong or I'm regressing, etc. "Nay," says Joanie, "you are in fact running faster and farther than before. Go you."
The only problem is, I want to play with Joanie all the time! I took her to work yesterday and had a chance to pal-around during my lunch break. Today she is chillaxin' at my apartment. Unfortunately, we won't be able to play when I get home. RW asked if we could be at rehearsal early tonight. In the interest of hopefully getting home at a decent hour so I can actually get some quality sleep, I'm going to try and be at tech early. Tomorrow we have our preview audience, and then we open on Friday! This of course means that I will have to curtail my double workouts. I'll be able to get two workouts per-day in (as I've been doing since the start of marathon training) on Mondays and Tuesdays. For Wednesdays, I'll only be able to get one workout in, since I have Shakespeare monologue class from 6 till 10 PM, for the next three weeks. Obviously, I'll have the show to do from Thursday to Sunday, until August 17th.
I think I'll be okay, though. With Joanie by side, or on my wrist, I'll be able to put in quality workouts when I am able to! And most importantly, I won't have to miss any long runs, since we all know how important they are in marathon training. And now that the mileage will stay in double digits, I can't afford to miss them either!
4 comments:
Congrats on the new toy. Break many legs in the show.
Question: KSU grad? 'Working' at Kent? Me too and saw it. Cheers.
I want the 405 something terrible.
Per your comment.
Me too, a Kent grad
Saw it, 'Working.' Actually, covered it for the Stater. It was a good production, but sorry I don't recognize you. Cheers.
Wow, nice Garmin. Makes my old Garmin 205 look like I'm running with a desktop computer on my wrist, sheesh!
Post a Comment