Last Night
I was all ready to head out for a good 40 minute run. The workout for the day included intervals, which I've finally learned how to set up on Joanie Garmin. It really didn't even feel that hot out. Or humid, for that matter. I made it to my turn around, when it all suddenly hit me. At that point, I began playing the just-make-it-to-the-next-landmark game. I hate that game, and I always know I'm in trouble when I start to play it. I made it to my last landmark, the LSD under pass at Irving Park, before I stopped my timer and started to walk home. So I didn't make it a full 40 minutes. If I remember correctly, Joanie's final time was 36 minutes some-odd seconds. Therefore, I'd definitely slowed down a touch.
This Morning
For some strange reason, I'd forgotten to set my alarm and thus woke up with a start at 5:36 AM...a full half-hour after I usually get up to run. I briefly considered going back to sleep since I would be out late tonight for Shakespeare class. But the thought of racing in the CDC next weekend was too great, so I figured I'd do an abbreviated run instead. All I had planned was a tempo run, since I couldn't make it to CES's normal Wednesday run at Fleet Feet (three more weeks! Sigh!). It turned out to be yet another struggle with the weather, but at least I made it the whole way home this time. I managed to maintain about a 10:00 pace, but it was so much work! I for sure wasn't feeling to good about my running future with that effort level and pace.
It's probably a good thing that I won't be able to get another workout in this evening. Rehearsals for MF are done, but now the next three Wednesday evenings will be full of Shakespeare monologue classes with Susan and Jeffrey. I don't even have money to grocery shop right now, but working with Jeffrey and Susan together is too good of an opportunity to pass up! I picked a monologue that I'd actually worked on prior to meeting them. I think it will be challenging and fun to have them pick it apart. Yes, fun! The only hard part is that the class is four hours long...we start at 6 PM, which is barely enough time for me to get home, eat some dinner, obsess about my lack of talent, and then catch a train to Andersonville.

see more dog pictures
2 comments:
Yeah, we're starting to hit those oppressive days of heat and humidity. Good job getting the work in.
How cute are you naming Garmin, Joanie. I finally figured out how to do the "custom" intervals. Very sweet!
Post a Comment