Well...let me tell you a little story about today's long run. I was determined not to miss it, because I've missed the past three long runs for the following reasons:
1. I was at a conference in Anaheim for the 10 miler. I did manage to do 5 miles in the morning and then another 5 miles after work that day, but still, it's not the same.
2. I was in Cleveland visiting my family for the 6 miler. I did complete the run in Cleveland, but I'm never sure if I went far enough or was at the right pace. Plus, it was brutally hot and there were hills.
3. There was lightening last weekend. While running and I do have a very solid relationship, I'm not willing to die for running just yet. Maybe next week.
Well for this week, I knew I had to make it, if for no other reason than to see my fabulous running buddies. The long runs, as we all know, are sooooo very important. You need to get your body used to running for that amount of time for those prescribed distances. So, yeah, I was ALL about a good 8 mile run this morning.
Aaaaaand then this morning happened...the rain raineth, as my father would say. Luckily, the thunder died quickly. The rain, however, stayed and thus we were forced to puddle jump for a while. Oddly enough, I had a really great run today! I felt great and the miles just seemed to be non-existent, even at my new, faster pace (I moved up to 10:30 because whilst I was away in Ecuador, my girls in the 11 minute group abandoned me for the 10:30 group, so I moved). We all tried to avoid puddles for a while, but by the end of the run, we were AIMING for them. I don't think I've ever smiled so much during a run! It was great. I wonder if I can arrange for the weather to be the same as today for the Chicago Marathon? I think the rain is a distraction from the miles. Yes, please!
1 comment:
I'm impressed that you did two runs in a day - when I have long days at work, I end up just bailing instead of doing any!
Post a Comment