As I relax this evening, sipping my white wine from somewhere near Niagra, I am reminded of my earlier post about awkwardness.
This might require another glass of wine. Oh hell, why not two more? Just to round out the evening?
I received an email from Enamored-of-me-why? boy. This is all really, mostly, my own fault. And I guess I'll have to be an adult about it. Le sigh. Celibacy seems like a good option right about now. Perhaps there's a monastery for runners who like to act/drink somewhere?
Back to the good stuff. Back to the run. I took Joanie out for an hour long spin on the Lakefront path after I got home from work. Of course it was hot out, but that didn't stop the seemingly endless throngs of cyclists and runners from converging on the path around 5:30 PM. I also saw a man riding one of those bikes with the HUGE front tire and a wee rear tire. I, personally, would be terrified to ride such a thing anywhere, let alone on the Lakefront path, where ignorant runners run four-across and all of the cyclists think they're Lance Armstrong. I thought I had a pretty good run, but Joanie was being a bit uncooperative...cutting out randomly and putting me at a 14 minute pace! Now, I know I'm not Kara Goucher or anyone like that, but I was for sure running a bit faster than 14 minutes per mile. Oh growing pains...
3 comments:
That's pretty cool! I don't think I've ever seen one of those kinds of bikes in person. Scary as heck to ride I bet LOL
Sounds like Joanie needs a kick in the head.
Ugh, Garmins are driving me nuts!!! Hopefully mine will be okay for my marathon this weekend :)
Post a Comment