Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bad Week for a Taper


We had our last Wednesday night group run last night. It felt so good to run after having had to take Tuesday off completely! The half-hour flew by so quickly, we were already past the water fountain in the park (Diversey/Fullerton-ish, for those of you from Chi-town) before we realized we needed to turn around. Now there's just one more run before the marathon.

I know Nitmos advised against it, but I do need to clean my apartment at least a little bit before my mom arrives on Saturday. So I think tonight I'll sweep a bit, do some dusting, and get at least a surface cleaning of my bathroom and kitchen.

I'm also still praying that my copy of Spirit of the Marathon arrives before Sunday. It'd be awesome to watch it before the marathon, especially when one of the runners profiled is a CES alum!

I was hoping to have a stress-free, relaxing week, but it has turned out to be quite the opposite. We have a lot of deadlines at work this week, and on top of that we have a lot of people out. Now, I wanted to avoid talking about work here, but today I simply cannot help myself. When we have a lot of people out, the remaining employees have to be on the phones all day. This means that it's nearly impossible to meet the deadlines. And then there's the ignorant election-related commentary I am forced to listen to all day. If it concerned the issues and policies of either candidate, I wouldn't mind as much. As much. But it's all one-sided bullshit and I'm so very sick of it. How many days do we have left? My head's going to start spinning and confetti will come shooting out. POOF.

My stomach is literally in knots because of all of this. You'd think the preoccupations of work and an election year would take my mind off 26.2 miles, and you'd be correct, but not in a good way. I wish I could just go home and sleep. Or eat. Maybe both. Judging by the size of my thighs, I could probably do both at the same time.



Just to be fair.


Cannot stress how much I cannot WAIT till this is over. Seriously.

5 comments:

Nitmos said...

That sounds like a lot of pent of energy ready to spill down the streets of Chicago. If you were a guitar string, what note would you play about now?

Ready, set,....wait...wait....almost there...

Good luck.

Marcy said...

Yikes! Sounds crazy! Hang in there chica the end is near!

C said...

Almost there, Roisin, keep it together. Save that energetic rage for Sunday.

Aron said...

EEEK!! definitely take out your energy on the streets on sunday!

GOOD LUCK!!!

runner26 said...

You are definitely ready! With all you have going on, 26.2 miles will seem like a little escape from reality. Best of luck!!